More than one photo: It is easy to create picture galleries. This How To explains step by step how it works and what you have to consider.
With picture galleries you can embed more than one photo into your article. Users can easily navigate from picture to picture using the arrow keys or their mouse.
Basically, you should think of creating a gallery when you have more than three pictures. If there is less pictures, you can easily embed them as single images into your text.
Before you start, think of the sequence. It is helpful to rename the pictures according to this sequence (such as img1, img2 etc.) so that they don't get muddled. The pictures have to comply with our default format 3 : 2 (widht : height) and have to be 630 x 420 pixels minimum.
Open the article form and click on Assets and Media under the body editor window. You can upload your pictures one by one in the Gallery - Images section.
Now provide the necessary information and fill in the following fields:
- license: Under which license is the image distributed? If you don't know what this means please have a look at this article.
- creator: Enter the creator's name here.
- url: If you use a photo which has been distributed on a public website such as Flickr, you can link to the source URL here.
- caption: Important! This is what will be shown below the image. Describe what and in particular who is on the photo.
- Alt-text for image and Image title are optional but should be filled in. The alternative text The alternative text will be read out by screen readers for visually impaired users and should provide a short description of the image. The image title will be shown as a tooltip when hovering the picture with your mouse and will also be indexed by search engines.
On the left side of the image, you can see a little arrow cross. When you click on it and keep the mouse button pressed you can move the image up and down. Thus you can change the sequence of images in the gallery.
Scroll up to the body editor window and click where you want to embed the gallery. Then scroll back down again and click on Insert into editor. The gallery will now appear at the desired position.
Save your article. You can now see, what it will look like. Please click through all the gallery pictures again and check whether they have been correctly annotated and labelled. If correct, click on Edit and Publish the article